- Of Counsel
Kathleen "Kate" Tana has been practicing family law for more than thirty years and recently made the move from practice in Center City, Philadelphia to Radnor. Kate's practice has always focused on the families involved, with an emphasis on helping clients get through a challenging time. This may mean negotiations in one case and complex litigation in another. Kate has taken thousands of clients from initial interviews through to the conclusion of their domestic relations matter. In some cases, this has included taking matters on appeal to successfully protect the rights of her clients.
Kate has always refused to apply the "cookie cutter" approach to practice and believes that every case and every family presents a unique set of facts and circumstances. She understands that going through the legal process can be intimidating for many people and is especially careful to ensure that her clients understand each step of the process and the likely outcomes. She can do this because of her years of experience.
As an adopted child herself, Kate has a special emphasis on representing families who are adopting a child. She has represented clients in every type of adoption, from international adoptions to the adoption of a grandchild by a grandparent.
In her spare time, Kate is a dog lover and a writer. She writes legal thrillers and mysteries. She is the proud pet parent of two spoiled rescued mutts and volunteers with the Delaware Valley Golden Retriever Rescue.
Areas Of Practice
- All Aspects of Domestic Relations/Family Law
- Emphasis on Adoptions
- Pennsylvania, 1985
- Villanova University School of Law, Villanova, Pennsylvania
- J.D. - 1985
- Adelphi University
- B.A. - 1982
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Honors: History
- Presenter, Adoption Law Basics, Webinars, National Business Institute, 2016 to 2019
- Presenter, Philadelphia Domestic Relations Practice, Adoption Practice, 2017 to 2017
- Presenter, Philadelphia Domestic Relations Practice, Adoption Practice, 2015 to 2015
- Course Planner and Presenter, Five County Adoption Practice, 2015 to 2015
- Presenter, Adoption Law Practice, National Business Institute, 2013 to 2013
Honors and Awards
- Philadelphia VIP “Unsung Heroes” Award for Family Law
- First Judicial District of Pennsylvania, Court of Common Pleas, Family Division
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Pennsylvania Bar Association; Family Law Section, Present
- Doris Jonas Freed Inn of Court, Present
- Executive Board, Nicholas A. Cipriani Inn of Court - Past Member
- Executive Board and Secretary, Philadelphia Bar Association; Family Law Section - Past Member
- Chair, Adoption Committee, Philadelphia Bar Association; Family Law Section - Past Member
Pro Bono Activities
- Volunteer, Delaware Valley Golden Retriever Rescue, 2005 to Present
Guidance From An Elite Team Of Attorneys
From skillful negotiation to aggressive litigation, we are ready to work for you. Our lawyers will work with you one-on-one to effectively and efficiently navigate the legal system. To schedule a confidential consultation, contact us online or call 610-975-9898.
320 King of Prussia Rd.
Radnor, PA 19087
205 W. Miner St.
West Chester, PA 19382